It’s funny, that what you can admit so readily to yourself becomes irritating when someone else points it out in you.
Kind of like how you can make fun of your brother to his face, but the minute someone else does, you’re all up in theirs.
I took a personality inventory over the weekend, and–when I think about it objectively–it really wasn’t much of a surprise.
But it’s never fun being told you’re not that agreeable.
- Your favorite part of music is the counterpoint
- You do your best work after you hit the “forget you” mentality
- There are few people in the world you call friends
- You’re fine with having contrary opinions in a group
- Trolls and tricksters are reliably your favorite characters
- You say “no” straight up (most of the time) instead of deflecting
I also consider myself incredibly polite, but I have to acknowledge that I have to work hard at it.
It’s also a distinct possibility that my low agreeableness is what allows me to be interested in art and creativity, but also fairly right-leaning in my thinking.
There are plusses and there are minuses.
(It makes dating extra difficult, though.)